The Caledon Parent-Child Centre plays an indispensable role in the lives of local families.
We put our mission into action through a continuum of FREE quality, results-based early years programs and services that strengthen families and assist them in the critical role of raising young children throughout the most influential years of life.
Our services support healthy child development, assist with the early identification of developmental concerns, provide referrals to specialized services and community supports, enhance parenting skills and prepare children for school. The Centre acts as a bridge, working in close collaboration with other agencies who deal with children and families.
Some of our services include:
- Family Time drop-in sessions for parents, caregivers and children.
- Children’s play opportunities, creative and early enrichment activities.
- Adult/Child early learning, literacy and school readiness programs (in person and virtual).
- Open Door information and referral services.
- Parent/Caregiver resource library.
- Pre-natal, post-natal, and child development programs (through various community organizations).
- Parent/Caregiver education
- Health promotion programs
- “Adjustments After Birth” Postpartum Support Group.
- Early Identification screening and consultations
- Assistance, support and programs for children with special learning needs and their families
- Child care information
- Rural Community Outreach Program.
CPCC programs and services are delivered from a main location in Bolton, as well as growing number of Mobile Sites located throughout the villages of Caledon.
“The commitment of the CPCC to the family, not just the child’s development, shows a deeper sense of community. Programs offered encourage positive transitions to the school system, social independence and community integration, which assist parents to ensure that their child receives the best possible foundation for success.”